[vlc-devel] Any reason why sound from central speaker may suddenly disappear?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 10:19:36 CEST 2013

Folks,

We are running VLC 2.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 on many different machines at various locations. Things have been working fine. However, today we discovered that at certain locations, the sound from the center speaker just disappeared after 15 minutes of play. Rest of the speakers continue to work fine.

I am waiting for the message logs to be sent to me. However, my suspicion is that the content sent to these location was not processed correctly in the first place.

This may sound silly but I just wanted to run it by you guys to see if you have ever heard of such a problem in vlc.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter