[vlc-devel] dcp module: read encrypted DCPs

Simona-Marinela P. simona.marinela.prodea at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:59:52 CEST 2014

Hello all!

As you've seen in my previous attempt, I am trying to make the dcp module
read encrypted DCPs.

The AES key with which the MXF files are encrypted is carried in a KDM
file, but it is itself encrypted with RSA. So I have to use a private key
to decrypt it. My problem now is at reading this private key from its PEM
file.

In OpenSSL this was quite easy to do, by using just the function '
PEM_read_bio_RSAPrivateKey'. But with other libs (I looked over libgcrypt
and Nettle) this is not possible (or I haven't search long enough). So,
before trying to parse the PEM file ("manually") myself, I must ask: does
anybody know a GPLv2 compatible lib that supports reading of RSA private
keys (and preferably also supports RSA decryption)?