[vlc-devel] Source code and build rules

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Thu Apr 24 22:44:21 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-24 16:31, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:
> Le jeudi 24 avril 2014, 16:23:21 Edward Wang a écrit :
>>

>> >OK, I see.
>> >
>> >Then we can just remove the minified versions and add the full version
>> >fromhttp://code.jquery.com/jquery/  and minify it ourselves, if needed.
> TBH, I would rather we do not copy-paste third party libraries into the VLC
> repository. JavaScript is no exception, and indeed some Linux distributions
> ship their own jQuery packages.

That is a valid point.

However, how do you propose to make the Web Interface functional out of
the box then?

On many OSes such as Windows, the package manager does not exist. Some
Linux distributions might not be packaging jQuery. It would be a bit far
stretched to ask users to download and install jQuery by themselves, no?

Regards,
Edward Wang