[vlc-devel] Problems cross compiling to windows according to Win32Compile

David R. Robison david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
Fri Aug 1 16:15:28 CEST 2014

Have you used the ffmpeg mingw build script to compile VLC? What is the
correct parameters to send to the mingw build script? I am using

./mingw-w64-build-3.6.0 --build-type=win64 --default-configure
--enable-gendef --enable-nls --disable-shared

but when I get to build the win32 distribution it complains that it
cannot find libgcc_s. Are the above the correct way to build the tool
chain for static compiling of VLC?
David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 7/24/2014 5:20 PM, Timothy Gu wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2014 1:32 PM, "David R. Robison"
> <david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
> <mailto:david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com>> wrote:
> >
> > OK, I'm starting over with a fresh Ubuntu install and following the
> > documentation for compiling VLC on Windows to the tee.
> >
> > When I get to the configure stage, I get the error:
> >
> > configure: error: LibVLC requires mingw-runtime version 3.15 or higher,
> > or mingw-w64 version 3.0 or higher!
> >
> > I assume I need to apt-get install mingw-w63 since I am building for
> > Windows 64. Correct?
>
> You need to check config.log to make sure what's missing. To summarize
> the current MinGW situation, MinGW32 (i686-pc-mingw32) supports only
> 32-bit, but mingw-w64 (*-w64-mingw32) supports _both_ 32- and 64-bit
> archs.
>
> I would never use the MinGW toolchain from Ubuntu or any other distro,
> simply because it installs into standard system directory and
> installing MinGW libs to system locations is a pain.
>
> I would either use MXE (http://mxe.cc) which contains build recipes
> for a lot of libraries that can be used by VLC, or Zeranoe's mingw-w64
> build script (http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/blog/?cat=4) which produces a
> pristine build environment.
>
> Timothy

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.