[vlc-devel] build contribs on windows with MSYS2

Hannes Domani ssbssa at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 6 17:59:50 CEST 2014

Hello

In case anyone wants to try to compile the VLC contribs on windows,
I've here attached all the changes that I had to make for a successful build.

I used MSYS2 with gcc-4.9.1, on a Windows XP (32bit).
VLC is git master of last week (ae192018e27bb10ebfb569d57f11caac5ecaf63e).
Cross-compilation for 64bit works as well.

For VLC itself no changes were necessary.

One thing I noticed, it seems not all of the contribs are compiled with optimization enabled.
Is this intentional, or did I miss something?

Regards
Domani Hannes