[vlc-devel] Charset conversion module type ?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Aug 7 11:06:36 CEST 2014

Le 2014-08-07 10:53, Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> - add a charset_conversion module type / structs in vlc_charset.h.
>
> - add to the core. (we already do the utf8 and such)

What UTF-8 conversion? All we have is a reimplementation of mbtowc()
and wctomc() mainly for non-UTF-8 systems.

I don't really see how this is different from the ISO 6397 problem we
had for DVB, so:

1) Contribute it to GNU/iconv.
2) If GNU/iconv does not want it, write your own library and hide it
under the existing VLC iconv wrappers.

Either way, I don't think it belongs in the VLC code base, where it
risks being duplicated (if not worst) by underlying libraries.