[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] contrib: use speexdsp 1.2rc2

Tristan Matthews le.businessman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:31:19 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org>
wrote:

> Hello Tristan,
>
> > On 07.12.2014, at 00:12, Tristan Matthews <git at videolan.org> wrote:
> >
> > vlc | branch: master | Tristan Matthews <tmatth at videolan.org> | Sat
> Dec  6 18:08:35 2014 -0500| [67066bf6dccc61ff15b6385dd80451a025a5217d] |
> committer: Tristan Matthews
> >
> > contrib: use speedups 1.2rc2
>
> This appears to be a bad idea tbh.
>
> When compiling for neon, it breaks on resample.c because resample_neon.h
> is missing from the tarball.
>
> Additionally, compilation also fails on buffer.c because
> 'speex/speex_buffer.h' is not installed by speex 1.2rc2.
>
> Seeing that I had to add SHA512SUMS manually, I'm left wondering if you
> actually tested your patches before committing them and even more before
> back-porting them to the _stable_ branch.

I had tested locally but only a x86-64 build (not NEON) and a) forgot to
git add the sha512sums and b) wasn't aware of the missing header bug in
speexdsp until testing without having speex installed on my system.

> Please fix or revert.

Sorry about that, I'll revert the speexdsp change until I've properly fixed
the tarball (didn't now about the resample_neon.h header being missing
either)..

Best,
Tristan