[vlc-devel] relicensing dshow* to LGPL

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:47:06 CET 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

>    Hello,
>
> Le 2014-12-04 21:09, Roger Pack a écrit :
>
>> OK, any details why available? I might be able to contribute some
>> smallish funding if that would help persuade someone to relicense.
>>

> Most of the contributors are not actively reading this list, so don't
> expect a conclusive answer to that question.

Thanks for your reply.
I even tried pinging them offline and no response. Odd.
Anyway I did notice one interesting thing--in moduels/access/dshow most
files are already LGPL.  The only one that is not is "dshow.cpp" does
anybody know if this is expected [my hope being that it's just an accident
and should really be LGPL for all files].
Happy holidays.
-roger-