[vlc-devel] Playing a dvb playlist: problems with audio.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:19:12 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm using vlc to watch tv via dvb.
I've created a xspf playlist, and start vlc like:

vlc ~/vlcchannels.xspf

The video works ok, but audio not directly.
The dvb device is a SAA7134.

Audio does not work, vlc tries the audio device SAA7134 device, which
is of course not ok.
I have to assign this after starting, to the default alsa audio device
(in my case HDA Intel ALC 892) in the Audio menu, sub Audio Device.

This do I have to do everytime after starting.
The default device in preferences the HDA Intel device.

How can I tackle this?

Stef

my vlc I've compiled from git.

I've posted this some days ago on the users list, but no response yet.
Maybe the devel list is more visited.