[vlc-devel] [VLC][Network stream] avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)

Man Dat hamandat at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:12:05 CET 2014

Hello VLC Devs!

First, I'm very sorry if my bad English.

I have an issue need your help.

I'm using Windows 8.1 with VLC 2.1.5 (download and install on videolan.org).
I have tried open one network stream but it fail, it gets many errors

avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer
too slow ?)

continuous. I have checkout VLC source code and compile for Win32 successful
(revision 7be55cf) and try again but it still same errors.

My stream: http://113.160.49.34/lives/origin03/hbohd.isml/hbohd.m3u8

I also try with Media Player Classic and ffplay (ffmpeg tool), and both them
work ok, but VLC is not.

I wonder if this is VLC bug or ffmpeg bug, I know as default VLC is compiled
with libav, but it still can't play stream when I compile with ffmpeg. (set
USE_FFMPEG ?= 1 in contrib/src/ffmpeg/rules.mak)

Could you please check this or show me if I miss something ?

If you need more any info, please contact to me.

Thanks a lot!