[vlc-devel] [#10696] Build fails on GNU/Hurd

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Feb 18 18:02:34 CET 2014

Le mardi 18 février 2014, 17:28:00 Gabriele Giacone a écrit :
> posix/thread.c: In function 'vlc_cond_init':
> posix/thread.c:332:39: error: 'vlc_clock_id' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
>      pthread_condattr_setclock (&attr, vlc_clock_id);

Your C library header files are screwed up. This implies that _POSIX_TIMER is
negative and _POSIX_CLOCK_SELECTION is positive. This is *impossible* to
support since we need a clock ID (CLOCK_REALTIME in this case) which comes
with _POSIX_TIMER. Indeed, this option combination is explicitly *forbidden*
by the specification.

I hate to state the obvious, but you need a working C environment to build and
run VLC. You may need to fix your libc or whatever here.

--
Реми Денис-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/