[vlc-devel] Network functions for use in a module

Alexander Adolf alexander.adolf at condition-alpha.com
Tue Feb 18 22:46:59 CET 2014

Hi folks,

I have researched for some time, but couldn't find a clue. Apologies and ashes to my head if it's an FAQ or something too obvious for me to spot. Did I mention "new to VCL"? :-)

I'm trying to make a shiny new services discovery module. For this I need some network functions:
- making a DNS SD request
- making an HTTP GET request

Is there any prior art in the VLC tree I could use?

There is a HTTP client in modules/access/http.c. How would I use that from my own module?

For a DNS request, I'll likely nee to roll my own?

Many thanks in advance and cheers,

  --alexander