[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] twolame: use FL32 as input

Ilkka Ollakka ileoo at videolan.org
Wed Jan 8 17:28:44 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 03:04:12PM +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Wed,  8 Jan 2014 12:21:57 +0100 (CET), git at videolan.org (Ilkka Ollakka)
> wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org> | Mon Jan  6
> > 21:49:55 2014 +0200| [2363d00e1131bc4b50e3a15a6593e824bee68dd7] |
> > committer: Ilkka Ollakka

> > twolame: use FL32 as input

> > as FL32 is used in filters/resamplers also, this hopefully
> > removes a need of one conversion.

> This only removes the conversion if twolame supports encoding float
> natively. I have not checked the source code, but most audio encoder only

Yes you seem to be right, just checked twolame source and it seems to
convert from float to short with float32 calls.

> support one input format natively. Also we can resample S16 and there are
> no audio filters by default.

I was more thinking that if there is channel count/resampling done, fl32
is used as format and with this you wouldn't need to convert back from
that. But as it seems twolame seems to do it anyway. Thanks for pointing
this out.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Star Trek Lives!