[vlc-devel] Need help regarding VLC

rahul bhola rb1223334444 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 09:53:14 CET 2014

Hi,
   I am a student at bits goa and we are trying to make a project in which
i think we can use vlc but i just needed to know some stuff would
appreciate if you could tell me how.
We are tying to use kinect to recognise gestures and play sound based on
that. So for sound initially we wanted to go with pygame but cause VLC has
many features that can be usefull to us we decided to use this.
Now

  is there anyway i can play a music only in terminal with no vidio output
not even the frame that come??

  Also we are using three system on a network one is responsible for pure
sound generation if i create multiple threads of vlc would it be feasable .
Typically we are expecting at most 4-5 threads to run simultaniusly.

  Also can u please guide as to how change the frequency in middle of sound
(if possible as this one is optional). I know we can do that from frame but
not sure on how to do this using terminal.

thanks
Regards
Rahul
Bits Pilani Goa Campus