[vlc-devel] src/input: add a new input option flag to replace values of existing options (was: fix buffer underflow by avoiding inconsistent state in error case)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jul 4 23:03:04 CEST 2014

Le vendredi 4 juillet 2014, 22:53:22 David Fuhrmann a écrit :
> I am talking about the p_input->ppsz_options array, which gets larger and
> larger if you continue adding distinct „start-time=xy“ options. This is a
> fact, and please look at the code for that. And this array is saved to the
> media library, which was the reason to do the patch.

The existing implementation is irrelevant. Your patch added a semantically
completely useless flag. If you didn't want the list to grow, just you just
could replace the existing item. That is obvious and that is what I have been
saying from the beginning.

I don't like to waste my time repeating the same thing to someone who refuses
to understand. That does not mean I agree with him/her.

http://www.remlab.net/