[vlc-devel] VLCKit: half-baked ARC conversion

Rob Jonson rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Mon Jul 7 00:23:08 CEST 2014

It might be worth considering the jump to iOS 6 and OSX 10.7
The reason is that you get ARC, and also autolayout.

Given the rumours of new sized devices, and the not-so-subtle pushing from
apple in terms of the resizable simulator, I suspect that iOS will have
more screensizes to deal with - and autolayout is a really nice way to
handle that.

That's certainly what I'm doing with my apps.

cheers,

Rob

On 6 July 2014 17:19, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:

> On 06 Jul, Florent Pillet wrote :
> > The latter point will require raising the minimum OS X version from 10.6
> to 10.7 (because of the use of weak references) and iOS from 4.x to 5.x
> (for the same reason).
>
> For iOS 4.x I doubt this is an issue, is it?
> It should just rule out iPhone 3G and the iPod Touch 2nd gen.
>
> For 10.6, this is a bit more annoying, but this is the Apple-Way┊
>
> With my kindest regards,
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
> Sent from my Electronic Device

Hobbyist Software is a trading name of Hobbyist Software Limited.
Registered office 12 Fraley Rd, Bristol, BS93BS. Registered in England.
Company no:7876492