[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] contrib/jpeg: use our own download server since ijg.org is blocking downloads with curl

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jul 11 10:58:24 CEST 2014

Le 2014-07-11 11:23, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 11 Jul, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
>> Le 2014-07-11 10:44, git at videolan.org a écrit :
>> >vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> |
>> Thu
>> >Jul 10 19:57:00 2014 +0200|
>> [76bff8bf83e4727577d9912cfa4e9fa2c9d69b6f]
>> >
>> >contrib/jpeg: use our own download server since ijg.org is blocking
>> >downloads with curl
>>
>> "Do NOT delete another developer's commit without approval by using
>> push
>> --force."
>> -- Code of conduct
>
> No commit was deleted AND Felix was aware and said OK.

git says my commits and Felix commits were removed. They no longer are
in the vlc.git master branch line. I presume this is the same with
vlc.2.2.git. This is even worst on 2.2 since now the history information
for non-hash-identical backports is *MISSING*: cherry-pick hash
reference and committer sign-off.

The tree needs to be rebased back now, especially 2.2.

And yes, this is a violation of the CoC, apparently deliberate even.