[vlc-devel] Problems cross compiling to windows according to Win32Compile

David R. Robison david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
Mon Jul 28 19:00:47 CEST 2014

Thanks, I've tried that according to the VLC documentation with no
success. I've spent over 1 solid week trying to setup an environment to
cross compile to Windows 64 but still do not have a successful build.
Also, I did use the precompiled builds above and got the error when I
tried to actually do the make in the vlc/win32 directory. It is my
understanding that the precompiled contribs do not contain the tool
chain for the actual cross compile. Am I missing something? David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 7/28/2014 12:51 PM, David Fuhrmann wrote:

> Am 28.07.2014 um 16:33 schrieb David R. Robison
> <david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com
> <mailto:david.robison at openroadsconsulting.com>>:
>
>> Thanks for the tip. I installed MXE and built for all packages. When
>> I then ran the configure, I still had to disable some packages to get
>> the configure to run:
>>
>> ../extras/package/win32/configure.sh --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
>> --enable-static \
>>     --disable-dvdread \
>>     --disable-dca \
>>     --disable-schroedinger \
>>     --disable-caca \
>>     --disable-chromaprint \
>>     --disable-goom \
>>     --disable-qt \
>>     --disable-skins2
>>
>> Not sure why this should be the case, but I finally got the configure
>> to finish cleanly.
>>
>> However, when I run the "make" it fails with the following error:
>>
>> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/david/vlc/win32/src'
>>   GEN      stamp-revision
>> make  all-am
>> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/david/vlc/win32/src'
>>   CCLD     libvlccore.la
>> /home/david/mxe/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libdbus-1.a(libdbus_1_la-dbus-sysdeps-thread-win.o):dbus-sysdeps-thread-win.c:(.text+0xd):
>> multiple definition of `DllMain'
>> win32/.libs/thread.o:/home/david/vlc/win32/src/../../extras/package/win32/../../../src/win32/thread.c:1007:
>> first defined here
>>
>> Is there something I'm still missing? David
>
> Hi David,
>
> I think the supported way is to use VLCs own prebuilt contribs. Using
> these, there should be no need to install native versions of the
> needed libraries, nor using MXE.
>
> With best regards,
> Another David

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.