[vlc-devel] [RFC] Rename qt4 into qt

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jul 31 11:12:40 CEST 2014

Le 2014-07-31 12:07, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
>> And? POTFILES.in needs updating but the rest can stay as is until
>> the next
>> sync AFAICT.
>
> True, although it doesn't harm either way

It does hurt someone who would try to cherry-pick or rebase the patch
for whatever reasons. Also it probably interferes with some version
control statistic tools.

Not that I have any intentions to do that, but we have never
deliberately tied .pot/.po updates with code updates, if only because it
makes a lot of noise. I see no reasons to start doing it now.