[vlc-devel] Summer of Code

Carlos Fernandez cfsmp3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:52:21 CET 2014

First - I apologize if this email is inappropiate in this list. Hopefully not.

My primary project, CCExtractor, was accepted into Google's Summer of
Code. Since its a project about subtitles (well, getting them out of
video stream) I believe it could be interesting for students working
in VideoLAN.

To sum it up -for those who don't know GSOC-, it's a program in which
Google pays developer to code over the summer in a project of their
choice. To be specific, it pays $5,500 to the student for 3 months of
work (mid-may to mid-august).

Interested developers can read a bit about it here:

http://ccextractor.sourceforge.net/gsoc2014.html

Carlos