[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] src/missing: fix a bunch of clang compilation warnings and update copyright header

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Mon Mar 3 18:50:52 CET 2014

Hey Rémi,

On 03.03.2014, at 18:42, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> Le lundi 3 mars 2014, 18:37:21 Felix Paul Kühne a écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Mon Mar  3
>> 18:28:42 2014 +0100| [374bd117c4390bcfbc1b56f40b1183560f256b0c] |
>> committer: Felix Paul Kühne
>>
>> src/missing: fix a bunch of clang compilation warnings and update copyright
>> header
>
> There should be no warning on debug builds, since assert(0) is effectively a
> synonym for abort().

Well, this is true indeed. However, clang 5 seems to believe differently.

Here are 2 logs with the code state prior to my patch:
with --disable-debug: https://pastee.org/y79r5 (70 warnings)
with --enable-debug: https://pastee.org/jye6f (55 warnings)

> And now, there are a lot of unreachable code warnings…

Meh. I'll happily revert part of the patch (the return values) since the remainder of unused variables already saves 55 warnings for me.

Best regards,

Felix