[vlc-devel] ncursesw.pc not generated in contribs for MacOSX 10.9 build

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:41:41 CET 2014

Hi Christophe,

Am 18.03.2014 um 09:22 schrieb Christophe de Dinechin <christophe at taodyne.com>:

> I've been trying to build VLC on a MacOSX 10.9 system with MacPorts installed. That does not work, there is an issue with libiconv. The MacPorts libiconv in /opt/local/lib has symbols like _libiconv_open, the same library in /usr/lib has _iconv_open. It's hard to remove libiconv from MacPorts, as on that system, 62 ports depend on it.
>
> So I tried to move the MacPorts root /opt to /_opt, as per a suggestion found here:

It is known that macports interferes with the VLC build process. Instead of fiddling around with the opt directory (and breaking the macports installation), the best way is to just rule out macports from your environment: https://wiki.videolan.org/OSXCompile#3rd_party_packagers_and_PATH

> % ../bootstrap --host=x86_64-apple-darwin11 --build=x86_64-apple-darwin11
> % make prebuilt

You are using a prebuilt contrib which was last updated more that one and a half years ago. So its absolutely no wonder that your mentioned commit is not integrated here. Please use the x86_64-apple-darwin10 contrib which is updated regulary.

With best regards,
David