[vlc-devel] I want to localize vlc

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Tue Mar 18 22:02:11 CET 2014

On 2014-03-18 07:41, Yigrem Eshetu <eyigrem at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi videolans i am from Ethiopia, I am  very happy to use vlc media
> player ,it is the most famous and used player in our country. So that
> i want to localize it to Amharic language which has large number of
> speaker.

Please contact the previous translator, Solomon Gizaw
<solohavi at yahoo.com> to co-ordinate your efforts in translation. You can
find the .po file to translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=po/am.po;h=6348b89a01eb21c97be96321358fe7db377d4f97;hb=4c156e1054ce76bf305ae103646ce92ed6295e7b

You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html

Use the software "poEdit" to edit the .po file. You can find poEdit
here: http://www.poedit.net/

Addendum from Christoph Miebach:
I could also offer you the choice of using transifex. You would have to
create an account there and request to join the Amharic language team
here (only if you _want_ to use transifex):

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/

Regards,
         Edward Wang