[vlc-devel] Compiling for Windows on Ubuntu

Ray Tiley raytiley at gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:01:27 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have an ubuntu virtual machine setup to build vlc for windows 32bit. I
followed the instructions here:
https://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile/This vm was definitely setup
correctly a few months ago, as I was able to
build successfully while working on a patch.

Yesterday I pulled the latest code and had some issues building, so I
cleaned the directory and followed the instructions again (twice). No
matter what I seem to do I can't get the configure step run correctly. It
always errors out looking for Xlib.h which my system has in
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h

The point where it errors is here:
checking for X... no
checking X11/Xlib.h usability... no
checking X11/Xlib.h presence... no
checking for X11/Xlib.h... no
checking for VDPAU... yes
configure: error: VDPAU requires Xlib (X11).

I've also attached the config.log in case that helps. Any help in figuring
out what I need to do to get this compiling again would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

-ray