[vlc-devel] Compiling for Windows on Ubuntu

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat May 3 16:56:13 CEST 2014

Le samedi 3 mai 2014, 16:47:51 Francois Cartegnie a écrit :
> Le 03/05/2014 16:23, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > Le samedi 3 mai 2014, 09:01:27 Ray Tiley a écrit :
> >> checking for VDPAU... yes
> >> configure: error: VDPAU requires Xlib (X11).
> >
> > VDPAU does not exist on Windows. So this can only mean one thing:
> > pkg-config is not configured consistently in your build environment. I'd
> > guess it's using the native packages.
>
> My own build environment setup scripts are also now experiencing that
> problem (building/enabling modules against host config instead of target).
> Except debian updates, nothing can have changed as the start system is
> the same frozen vm.

You need to either install a cross-pkg-config, or set the environment variables
correctly; see ./configure --help. On Debian, installing mingw-w64-tools should
fix this in the simplest fashion.

By (mis)design, the AC_CHECK_TOOL macro will pick native tools when it cannot
find cross-compilation ones... It should arguably fail instead, but VLC cannot
change autoconf.

http://www.remlab.net/