[vlc-devel] Arabic translation...

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Fri May 23 23:04:03 CEST 2014

Hello and thanks for offering help with the localization!

On 23 May 2014, at 12:21, Abdelrahman Ayman <translations at sphinux.org> wrote:

> Iam a Egyptian VLC user, and i noticed that VLC isn't translated to
> Arabic, ONLY the installer & the website and it's not even translated
> well as it should be, the installer is Obviously in conflict between
> Infinitive and Imperative, and the website is translated as it were a
> newspaper that a native won't understand a word :(

There is quite some activity at the Arabic translation recently.
Have a look at this howto:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

> and of course Arabic doesn't have a Coordinator.

Well, I did not update the coordinator’s list for a while.

> i really would like to help VLC, i wanna sign up for that task, is
> that possible?

Short answer:
Yes, sign up at transifex and contact the Arabic team members.

Best regards

Christoph