[vlc-devel] contribs issues in Linux 64 bits architecture /2

Gilles Sabourin gilles.sabourin at free.fr
Tue May 27 17:50:50 CEST 2014

Sorry, this mail was truncated by my email client...

So, In addition to mix the paths of libraries in both $(HOST)/lib64 and
$(HOST)/lib, the same problem occurs for pkgconfig directories:

here's the listing of $(HOST)/lib/pkgconfig:
libavcodec.pc
libavformat.pc
libavutil.pc
libchromaprint.pc
libgme.pc
libswscale.pc
vpx.pc

And the $(HOST)/lib64/pkgconfig one:
SDL_image.pc
dvdnav.pc
dvdnavmini.pc
dvdread.pc
libdvdcss.pc
libgoom2.pc
libmodplug.pc
libsidplay2.pc
libtiff-4.pc

Not to mention the vlc configure file, where path to the contribs libraries is
often hardcoded as "${CONTRIB_DIR}/lib", which reminds me some very
very old Linux issues of plenty of applications complaining about missing
libraries during the link, in 64 bits architectures.

Kind regards,
Gilles