[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vout: fix picture lock/unlock with private pool

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Nov 3 13:35:32 CET 2014

Le 2014-11-03 13:48, Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> It crashes in mediacodec because p_pic->p_sys is NULL;

Ideally, we would have a separate type for picture references and
pictures, so that we could track references to the same picture in
different ways in different code paths. We do not, and consequently, the
picture_t pointer returned by a pool may differ from that given to the
pool when it was created.

Regardless, all the data inside should match, including p_sys. As far
as I could test, it worked fine.

> p_pic and p_pic->p_sys are normally allocated from android/opaque.c
> and
> given to a pool.
>
> So, I think decoder_NewPicture(p_dec) doesn't return a picture
> allocated
> by the pool anymore.

There are three pools: decoder, private, display, not the pool. Only
the last one is warranted to contain picture form the display or the
splitter. For the other two ones, it depends if direct rendering works
or does not.