[vlc-devel] VLC requirements document

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Mon Nov 17 23:39:06 CET 2014

Hello Eva!

All help is welcome.
I did not understand what kind of requirements document you want to write, though.

The general advise is:
If you want to help in programming, the first step is compile the source code yourself.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Compile/

might provide you with some information in this case.

If you want to get some help with the first steps or just ask some questions, the live chat via IRC is a good idea. If you are not using IRC so far, just visit

http://www.videolan.org/support/

click on "Freenode Web”, pick a nick name and enter the channel "#videolan”
One more advise: Have some patience. You might need to wait more than 15 minutes for a response sometimes.

There ways to help besides programming (translation, documentation, design,…) as well.

Best regards

Christoph