[vlc-devel] [Question] Plugins folder location

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:37:17 CET 2014

Where is the plugins folder defined in the code?

On windows all the plugins must be located in a subdirectory called plugins.
I have been asked to create a local patch to change this.
Don't worry it is one that would not be merged with vlc upstream.

Under msys2 we have a linux folder layout

we don't want plugins in  /mingw64/bin/plugins
we want them in /mingw64/lib/vlc/plugins
or something equivalent like share

So I want to from the bin dir where vlc is located go ../lib/vlc/plugins.
I need to know where to change this in the vlc source code?

Many Thanks
Martell