[vlc-devel] [PATCH] VLC for iOS integration patch: call VLC via well formed URL, omit download/stream question, specify switch-back URL to return to caller
ulrich.trampe at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:16:47 CEST 2014
VLC for iOS implements an URL scheme that confirms to the x-callback-url specification.
* The new URL scheme "vlc-x-callback" is registered by VLC to tell other apps that it understands x-callback-url compliant calls.
* The host "x-callback-url" is part of the x-callback-url specification.
* The path "stream" is telling VLC to stream something. Knowing that, it can omit the "download or stream" question introduced recently.
* The parameter "url" gives the location of the video to stream.
* The parameter "x-success" is part of the x-callback-url specification. It tells VLC what app-URL to call when the user presses "Done".
Both the "url" and the "x-success" parameter have to be encoded with percent escapes, to not mess up the well-formed URL scheme of the whole call.
> Am 04.10.2014 um 16:14 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org>:
>> On 04 Oct 2014, at 15:55, Ulrich Trampe <ulrich.trampe at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I don’t know the code in depth. But as far as I understand the code, there is no single error dialog. It will be difficult to find and patch all the places where UIAlertViews can be shown. This is why I would recommend not touching the error-handling and returning only on success.
> Fine with me. Looking forward to your patch!
> 2 remarks regarding the first iteration though. Please make sure to use a proper email in your git environment. Additionally, please adapt the coding style used through the VLC for iOS project. There is a rtf describing it in detail.
> vlc-devel mailing list
> To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5073 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the vlc-devel