[vlc-devel] New language

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Thu Oct 16 20:05:54 CEST 2014

Hello!

On 15 Oct 2014, at 12:49, Sigmund Jørgensen <sj2409v5 at skulin.fo> wrote:

> I'm interested in translating VLC into a new language - faroese.

And I am interested in having vlc interface available in Faroese ;-)

> Can you send the acquired information for me to start translating?

A good start should be reading
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

Quick summary is:
Create an account on transifex (not open source but gratis) and join the Faroese team here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

Since this is quite a lot of work, I’d suggest you start with smaller ones (like android, ios and the website) and going for the desktop after that (vlmc is far from being released, so don’t start there).

Feel free to ask for anything I did not mention. If you think the question might be of interest for other translators, there is another mailing list
translators at videolan.org

Best regards

Christoph