[vlc-devel] Retrieving the statistics from VLC Media Player

AKELLA UMESH umesh.akella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:27:18 CEST 2015

Hey,
I am a student from Blekinge Tekniska Hogskola pursuing my Master’s. Currently i am doing my thesis under video streaming.
My thesis is the performance evaluation of different protocols like (HTTP,RTSP and WebRTC) using H.265 encoder in live video streaming.
So my aim is retrieve the statistics from both Application layer and also the Network layer.
For retrieving the statistics from Application layer, i am using VLC Media Player.
In VLC Media Player , under Media Information there is a section called Statistics.
So my aim is to retrieve the statistics by writing a code.
I have seen an python module, but failed to installed the module. There is an error called “Carbon/carbon.h” .

So, could you please tell me how can i retrieve the statistics by writing a CODE.
I shall be very much grateful if you could help me out in this issue.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Umesh