[vlc-devel] Windows 0-copy DXVA

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Apr 15 15:16:28 CEST 2015

Le 2015-04-15 15:42, Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> Shouldn't there be a way to tie the decoder pool to the actual
> decoder?

I think I already explained a few days ago why that would not work: the
decoder does not know where to output to - the video output (or the
encoder) determines that.

> At least tell the decoder this pool is being used

The only operation that the decoder can possibly do with the pool is
allocate a picture from it. If you need to pass some context, you can
use the picture(_sys). Exposing the pool directly to the decoder would
not solve any problem, and yet would require rewriting all decoder
modules call sites (last time, I counted four of those).

> and also when it's not used anymore.

I already told you: the pool is used at least as long as the decoder
does not change its output format.