[vlc-devel] VLC Translation

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Sat Apr 18 23:07:15 CEST 2015

Hello!

On 17 Apr 2015, at 09:36, Harrison Wells <hgwells260 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to start translation of VLC into Assamese, language code
> as_IN. This is the official language of the state of Assam (India) and
> is the largest spoken language in North-Eastern India.
>
> Please send me a localization file.

There is already work on the translation into Assamese (well there was someone requesting the team, no messages are translated until now):

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vlc-trans/

The way to go is:
Create an account at transifex (not open source, but free to use) and request to join the Assamese (India) team.

Here are some additional hints:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/transifex-howto.html

There also exists a mailing list dedicated to translation:
translators at videolan.org

Feel free to contact me or this mailing list with any questions
regarding translations.

Best regards

Christoph