[vlc-devel] relicense bdadefs* to LGPL

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 23:38:24 CEST 2015

Hello.
I inquired after the author listed for "bdadefs.h" (ken self) if he
were OK if I reused his file from VLC in an LGPL context.

His response:

This is a blast from the past!
You really should check with the VideoLAN team as they own the rights
and would have a better idea of how it might impact them.
I have no personal objections as I put it together for the "greater good".

== end response

My question here is whether it would be OK to relicense files that
list him as author to LGPL (part of the recent LGPL push) or any other
feedback here?  I assume it's OK for me to use at least those files
with LGPL for some work within FFmpeg done this summer?
Thanks.
-roger-