[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] audio_filter: only one module for all simple channel mixers

Thomas Guillem thomas at gllm.fr
Thu Aug 27 15:50:32 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 15:07, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2015-08-27 16:01, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Thomas Guillem <thomas at gllm.fr> | Thu Aug 27
> > 14:52:28 2015 +0200| [147717df85c312ac559181fc0943839a3a3bf19c] |
> > committer: Thomas Guillem
> >
> > audio_filter: only one module for all simple channel mixers
>
> What is the benefit here? It seems like it just makes the
> platform-agnostic plugin needlessly complicated and ugly.

The init code in the neon module was wrong and was not updated like
channel_mixer/simple.c was, as a result, the conversion from 6.1 was
broken (and maybe some others). Since these 2 modules should have the
same initialization code, I decided to use only one module. There was an
other solution: the neon channel mixer being a submodule of the simple
channel mixer but it is as complicated as my solution.

> And AFAICT it breaks no-NEON ARM builds.

Ah yes