[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Script intended to reproduce a GC related issue

Olivier Aubert contact at olivieraubert.net
Wed Feb 4 18:23:51 CET 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 18:55 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2015-02-04 18:48, git at videolan.org a écrit :
> > vlc/python | branch: master | Olivier Aubert
> > <contact at olivieraubert.net> | Wed Feb  4 11:32:16 2015 +0100|
> > [7b31ac6ddfe9d1f2051349974d08621785cb3771] | committer: Olivier
> > Aubert
> >
> > Script intended to reproduce a GC related issue
>
> Do you believe the issue to lie in the Python bindings or in the VLC
> code? In the latter case, a native C test case in would be far more
> helpful.
As I mentioned in
https://github.com/oaubert/python-vlc/issues/2#issuecomment-72880432
there were 2 distinct issues in the original bug report. One was related
to the python bindings, but it looks like the other issue (frequent
update of event callbacks) could rather be in the VLC code.  So yes, a
native C test case would be great to pinpoint it, but I do not have the
time ATM.

Olivier