[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] langfromtelx: remove plugin from build

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Feb 21 11:29:26 CET 2015

Le samedi 21 février 2015, 11:24:22 Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Sat Feb 21
> 12:14:08 2015 +0200| [82a2bdec99881747715316ec2a5cffffe48114ac] |
> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>
> langfromtelx: remove plugin from build
>
> This is pending fixing or removal decision.

I wasted a lot of (free) time trying to understand what the hell this plugin
is doing. I must be very stupid because I could only conclude that the plugin
does nothing useful, and never ever did.

As far as I could tell, it just sets the ES language to "unk" if the ES has no
language (NULL). This is only if the ES ID matches.

I also believe it leaks memory on successive Add() and performs a pontentially
invalid free in Close().

If you care, please fix it or explain it. Otherwise it will be removed.

http://www.remlab.net/