[vlc-devel] Set of configure patches

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:34:14 CET 2015

> In other words, you and/or them created the problem in the first place. It
> worked just fine when Mingw did not have half-baked substitutes for POSIX
> functions.

I did nothing of the sort in fact when i implemented them as functions as
per the spec VLC was compiling fine and did not need to use its own version
as Autotools detected the functions correctly.
The point that I'm making is that they have now settled on inline and I
can't change it.

If you can't make it work then the only acceptable option is to remove the
> test and assume the function is supported.

This makes less sense than the patch I proposed especially in terms of
backwards compatibility for those not on 4.x but none the less I will
create a patch to do this.