[vlc-devel] RTSP and PCM 48kHz

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 20 06:55:27 CET 2015

>> Any hint, where is the problem would be appreciated. What is the clock
>> frequency you are expecting the values in timestamp field are clocked?
>
> VLC does not take care of that (unfortunately); liblive555 does. It should expect the value specified for the payload type in the SDP of course.

Yes, the LIVE555 library (and VLC's interface to this) takes the clock rate and number of channels from the SDP description - in this case: 48000 Hz stereo.  If the audio was encoded correctly, then VLC should play it back OK.  So I suspect that the problem is with your server.

(If you have a WAV audio file made from your audio source, you can test this by using the "LIVE555 Media Server" <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/> to stream this WAV file.  VLC should play the resulting RTSP stream correctly.)

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/