[vlc-devel] Fwd: UPnP causes vlc to freeze

Federico Beffa beffa at ieee.org
Wed Jan 28 18:26:20 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> The correct fix is doable with VLC 3.0.0, and requires to have a upnp
> acess module with readdir, and a service discovery too.

Interesting, is the intention to produce a VLC 3.0.0 after 2.2.0?
Do you have any idea, either in terms of work or in terms of time, on
how far the porject is from that point?

> The work-around fix for 2.2.0, is to use a xspf playlist to do the
> browsing, like we do for shoutcast. Ugly, but working.
>
> I can help with the implemenation.

That sounds like a very nice offer! If you are willing to implement
your idea, I would definitely be available to test it.

Thank you very much!
Best Regards,
Fede