[vlc-devel] Fwd: Set of configure patches

Martell Malone martellmalone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:17:49 CET 2015

> reeaddrinfo() is tied to getaddrinfo(). Testing for it seems a bit odd:
> the result is unlikely to be valid if you have compat freeaddrinfo() with
> platform-provided getaddrinfo(). Also currently <vlc_network.h> assumes
> freeaddrinfo() is available on eveyr platform but OS/2.

I was just told this patch was done before the OS/2 specific change was
made.
and that point of checking for things is to avoid encoding platform
specific prior knowledge
So it would be a cleaner solution?

By going the hard coded route the WINRT app uses the version provided with
vlc and not the one windows provides from vista+.
Essentially you both created fixes for the same bug that appeared I would
just prefer to use the detection because of the WinRT app.

On the localtime_r and gmtime_r thing.
I'm trying my best second time around to get them to change back to
functions rather than removing detection