[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: split main interface class

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:51:57 CEST 2015

> Am 21.07.2015 um 14:16 schrieb Felix Paul Kühne <git at videolan.org>:
>
> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Tue Jul 21 14:08:18 2015 +0200| [db62975cad5ae71fbffb9d586793adb7467854d0] | committer: Felix Paul Kühne
>
> macosx: split main interface class
>
>> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/vlc.git/?a=commit;h=db62975cad5ae71fbffb9d586793adb7467854d0
> ---
>
> .../package/macosx/vlc.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj   |    6 +
> modules/gui/macosx/AppleRemote.m                   |   52 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/ControlsBar.m                   |    3 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/CoreInteraction.h               |    7 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/CoreInteraction.m               |  364 ++++++-
> modules/gui/macosx/InputManager.h                  |    2 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/InputManager.m                  |   18 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/MainWindow.m                    |    4 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/Makefile.am                     |    2 +
> modules/gui/macosx/VLCVoutWindowController.h       |    4 +
> modules/gui/macosx/VLCVoutWindowController.m       |  181 +++-
> modules/gui/macosx/coredialogs.m                   |   88 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/helpers.h                       |   71 ++
> modules/gui/macosx/intf-prefs.h                    |   31 +
> modules/gui/macosx/intf-prefs.m                    |  118 +++
> modules/gui/macosx/intf.h                          |   50 +-
> modules/gui/macosx/intf.m                          | 1006 ++------------------
> modules/gui/macosx/playlist.h                      |    2 +
> modules/gui/macosx/playlist.m                      |  153 +++
> modules/gui/macosx/simple_prefs.m                  |    5 +-

Hi,

We should discuss about naming. Here you renames InputManager to VLCInputManager, this is fine as long as we do it consistently.
But the File names should match the class names, in this case you we should rename the file to VLCInputManager as well. That being said, I do not really see why we need to prefix each class with VLC…

Same things for intf-prefs.h: - in the name is pretty bad IMO, and the actual implementation extends the VLCMain class - in this case we should stick to the official naming scheme (VLCMain+OldPrefs.h).

Best regards,
David