[vlc-devel] VLC reading SDP files does not re-connect with "--loop"

Sampsa Riikonen sampsa.riikonen at iki.fi
Thu Jul 30 12:22:07 CEST 2015

On 30.07.2015 11:36, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le 2015-07-30 11:12, Sampsa Riikonen a écrit :
>> 1) For the SDP file case, is there any switch / option to tell vlc
>> that if data has not been received in N seconds (this is automagic in
>> the "rtsp://" case), it should close the sockets and re-connect again
>> (I'm talking about the UDP data sockets for video and audio) ?
>
> The question makes no sense. You cannot connect (to) a multicast stream.

Sorry, I did not make myself clear .. I am talking about socket.bind,
i.e. with "reconnection" I mean ..

socket.close()
socket.bind((multicast_group,multicast_port))

"vlc --loop rtsp:// " does that, right ?  But for some reason "vlc
--loop filename.sdp" does not, as demoed in the original question.

Regards,

Sampsa