[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] skins2: fix multibyte issue for temporary directory

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 13 00:19:09 CEST 2015

Hi,
Le 12/06/2015 22:39, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le vendredi 12 juin 2015, 22:03:12 Erwan Tulou a écrit :
>> +// FIXME: could become a skins2 OS factory function or a vlc core function
> What exactly are you suggesting here?
>
> tempnam() is officially deprecated by POSIX and whose Linux documentation
> literally states "Never use this function." since it is intrinsically racy and
> insecure. It needs to go away, it is not getting a convenience wrapper. Ever.

I did notice that, and I intended to replace it. Also, the right place
for this code is the skins2 OS factory if no other vlc modules need the
functionality.
Or the vlc core, if it is already coded elsewhere. I just tried not to
make too many changes in a single patch, but rather fix a specific bug
and avoid regressions.

---