[vlc-devel] dynamic text overlay on video stream

JB general at itpsg.com
Wed Jun 17 10:42:57 CEST 2015

Hello all,
     I work with a company that currently has a need for doing text
overlay onto a video stream.  I've read enough documentation about VLC
to see that, with the appropriate filter/plugin, VLC can overlay text
onto streaming video content.  However that text appears to be static,
or if dynamic, very limited in the ranges of values that it supports.

     I'm interested in hiring a VLC developer to help develop a feature
in VLC that would allow a text stream read from a file to be the content
of the overlay.  This file could be a literal file, or a unix domain
socket, or any other unix file.

     The organization I'm working for would sponsor this work, and then
it can be made publicly available.  If you are interested, please send
me a private email reply.

Thanks!
JB