[vlc-devel] dynamic text overlay on video stream

JB general at itpsg.com
Thu Jun 18 03:05:59 CEST 2015

Interesting.  I had found a few people using marq with static text, but
hadn't found anyone successfully using it with dynamic text and was
having difficulty finding the documentation on it.  What you are
suggesting does look very close to something I might be looking for.
However, I would need to update the file about 60 times per second and
even though it's an SSD drive, I'm thinking a small ram disk might be
more suitable.  I will give that a shot and see if I can get that
working.  Sorry if my post was a bit premature.