[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove using namespace std; from C++ code

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 22 18:26:10 CEST 2015

Le lundi 22 juin 2015, 18:17:06 Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On 22 Jun, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > In my *opinion*, last February was very early to introduce C(++)11 given
> > how recent support is in compilers. I do not *personally* care either
> > way: I was
> It was optionnal C++11 support, not mandatory, AFAICT.

It is "optional" in that the code will still compile in 1999 mode. But it
makes C11 and C++11 atomic types mandatory. Not sure about LLVM, but AFAIU,
that means GCC version 5. In other words "mandatory" C++11.

Of course, there is an argument that VLC must be *compatible* with C11 and
C++11 anyway, *because* new compilers and standard libraries provide them.
Regardless of requiring or not requiring C/C++11.

http://www.remlab.net/