[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove using namespace std; from C++ code

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Jun 22 18:41:48 CEST 2015

On 22 Jun, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> Le lundi 22 juin 2015, 18:27:56 Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > On 22 Jun, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > > It is "optional" in that the code will still compile in 1999 mode. But it
> > > makes C11 and C++11 atomic types mandatory.
> >
> > I don't see why? Couldn't people use the fallback?
>
> I don' think so. This has already been addressed both in the commit logs and
> in the mail thread.

What I understood from your email and the thread is that if we need to have
C11 and C++11 at the same time, in order to have "compatible definitions of atomic
types in C and C++". OK, I understand that.

But I don't see why we can't have no-C11/no-C++11 with fallbacks, or how
this february commit is different from when we had C11 atomics and
fallbacks as in 2.2.x.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf